Over the next 3 years while a new hospital is being built, operations would continue like today with relatively little significant investment in current infrastructure beyond maintaining services.
After 3 years, the hospital would 'move in' to White Oak and renovations on Takoma Park buildings would begin and would cover the following uses:
- A 24/7 urgent care facility would replace the emergency room
- Doctor's office space uses would continue with 28,000 sq feet of new space for this use
- 1,500 sq. ft. wound care facility would be maintained
- Psychiatric care facility would be doubled in size
- Various support services (radiology, pharmacy, lab) would be maintained
- 56,000 sq ft of space would be renovated and leased to the Washington Adventist University for classroom space
The city staff and attorney are working on a far more detailed analysis of the proposal, but I wanted to make sure to share the document and ask for your thoughts on this proposal.